Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Center Court: Yvonne Eastman

Center Court is a new series that we will start on the blog!  We will highlight a player every now and then so you can get to know all the ladies in our league!  We will send out questionnaires to help write a small bio about the player and their game.  Feel free to leave positive comments on the blog and start thinking of your answers because your turn is coming!  First up is 3.5 player Yvonne Eastman~


When did you start playing tennis?  Why?
I first remember playing “real tennis” for the first time in 8th grade at OLI.  Coach Dee Miller organized a team.  I remember winning more than one game against the other school and feeling really encouraged.  It was finally a sport that I could play without being afraid of the ball.  I had a Jimmy Connor’s Aluminum racquet!

Early Capdeville convinced me to play in the Jennings Ladies Tennis League around 2009. 

Bag Check:  What’s in your tennis bag?
I must have 10 headbands, a visor, a pair of sunglasses, 4 UNO cards, 1 arm brace, 1 knee brace, TUMS, 2 racquets, a smashed granola bar (for desperate times), 1 hand towel, and an empty band-aid holder.

Who is your favorite professional tennis player?  Why?
I LOVE Rafael Nadal. He is always humble after a win and gives credit to his opponent after a loss. And he’s physically beautiful—I think he could model for a marble statue.

What are your tennis goals?
I hope to one day play cool and calm like Claire, have court savvy like Polly, and play with the tenacity of Jenny Cook.

What is the saying/motto that you live by?
I’d like to steal a quote from Mrs. Heloise… “A bad day on the court is still better than no day at all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment