Saturday, February 20, 2016

Center Court: Carol Benoit







Background Info
 I am from Welsh, I did live in Jacksonville, FL for 8 years (because of my job), however found my way back home back in 2000! I have 2 boys, and married to a rice and crawfish farmer. I am in Outside Sales, and have been working for Southeastern Freight Lines almost 15 years now!


Tennis is definitely my hobby, and one my most favorite things to do is to go to the beach with a group, and PLAY TENNIS!!!!!

When did you start playing tennis?  Why?
I started playing tennis for the first time in 2009. I can so remember that day! I was out in the country at Sammy's parents (they have a court), and everyone was just sitting around. It was an absolutely beautiful day - I turned to my husband and asked him to teach me to play tennis! The WHOLE FAMILY went out in the court. I did not play in High School, so I truly was a project... But just 3 months later I signed up for the Jennings Tennis League! We have not stopped playing since!

Bag Check:  What’s in your tennis bag?
 In my tennis bag you will find 2 ankle braces... yes 2 of them.... Towel, extra cash, band aids, sun screen, extra socks, cards, gum, and a beer koozie!

What is your favorite tennis memory?
 My favorite tennis memory has to be playing in my first Crawfish Tourny in Lafayette. Our team was Kim Juneau, Aileen Prevost, Katy Sonnier, Renee Baudin, Dione Sabelhaus and me! We had an absolute blast... And.... WE WON!!! LOL!! Totally unexpected, but SO MUCH FUN!!!

Who is your favorite professional tennis player?  Why?
My favorite tennis player is Rafael Nadal! I just LOVE his energy on the court and his passion for the game. He always gives it everything he has, and I just love watching him! Every time he is playing, my husband will say... YOUR BOY IS PLAYING... Even he knows!!!!

Do you have a lucky charm or superstition?
I am not superstitious... HOWEVER... I NEVER SERVE FIRST! LOL!

What are your tennis goals?
 My goal is to one day beat my husband....One can always dream!!!!!!

What is the saying/motto that you live by?
For those that play tennis with me can probably answer this for me... IT IS WHAT IT IS, AND ITS NOT WHAT ITS NOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment